Articles on this Page
- 01/12/19--07:28: _Re: HP ENVY X 360 i...
- 01/12/19--08:46: _Does not boot after...
- 01/12/19--09:16: _Motherboard presume...
- 01/12/19--09:29: _Re: Motherboard pre...
- 01/12/19--10:29: _I lost my recovery ...
- 01/12/19--10:49: _Laptop won’t boot g...
- 01/12/19--11:03: _Laptop won’t charge...
- 01/12/19--11:20: _Re: HP Pavilion x2 ...
- 01/12/19--11:26: _2-in-1 making grind...
- 01/12/19--11:29: _Re: Laptop won’t ch...
- 01/12/19--12:57: _Re: after i log on ...
- 01/12/19--12:58: _Re: Compaq presario...
- 01/12/19--13:02: _Re: Compaq presario...
- 01/12/19--13:03: _Re: Compaq presario...
- 01/12/19--13:08: _Bypass setup cartri...
- 01/12/19--13:18: _systeme bord 00a
- 01/12/19--13:20: _Cant Windows 7 reco...
- 01/12/19--13:25: _Re: My Envy x 360 i...
- 01/12/19--13:26: _Re: HP ENVY X 360 i...
- 01/12/19--13:53: _Re: How to get wind...
- 01/12/19--07:28: Re: HP ENVY X 360 is running hot
Could you provide me with the exact model of the PC? Use this link to find it: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03754824 (Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...).
- Did this happen after a power outage or surge?
- Does the computer freeze lockup or shutdown?
- Did you perform a bios update on the machine?
- Does the fan spin at all or if it does is it loud and noisy?
- 01/12/19--08:46: Does not boot after HD swap and system recovery
- 01/12/19--09:16: Motherboard presumeably dead - how to recover data?
- 01/12/19--09:29: Re: Motherboard presumeably dead - how to recover data?
- 01/12/19--10:29: I lost my recovery manager
- 01/12/19--11:03: Laptop won’t charge when powered on
- 01/12/19--11:20: Re: HP Pavilion x2 - OS installation and format problem.
- 01/12/19--11:26: 2-in-1 making grinding noise
- 01/12/19--11:29: Re: Laptop won’t charge when powered on
- 01/12/19--12:58: Re: Compaq presario CQ62 asking for Admin password at boot
- 01/12/19--13:02: Re: Compaq presario CQ62 asking for Admin password at boot
- 01/12/19--13:03: Re: Compaq presario CQ62 asking for Admin password at boot
- 01/12/19--13:08: Bypass setup cartridges on hp envy5055
- 01/12/19--13:18: systeme bord 00a
- 01/12/19--13:20: Cant Windows 7 recovery on device, need USB recovery.
- 01/12/19--13:25: Re: My Envy x 360 is plugged in but not charging
- 01/12/19--13:26: Re: HP ENVY X 360 is running hot
- 01/12/19--13:53: Re: How to get windows 7 for preinstall?
Thanks for engaging in HP support Forums! This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips! I understand you are having issues with the computer overheating. I will be glad to assist you here. :)
To assist you with clarity, I would require more information regarding this.
For now please perform all the prescribed steps from this link: HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the Laptop to Prevent Overheating
Also, check this link out: HP Notebook PCs - Why Computers Generate Heat for further assistance. It has good to know information.
I would suggest here is to update the Bios and Chipset drivers. Also, download and install HP support assistant on your PC. It should automatically download and install the latest updates and drivers for your PC.
Refer this link to know how to use HP support assistant.
Could you please respond to this post with the details and with the results of the troubleshooting as this will help me in further assisting you.
Eagerly waiting for your response!
that said, If the information I've provided was helpful,
give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons,
that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
Replaced defective HD. New HD is 500gb (down from orig 640gb) due to availability & economy. Ran recovery set twice without a hitch. HD test returns no errors. BIOS is reset.
Indicates error: "No bootable device -- insert boot disk and press any key"
I have an old laptop which i stored data in as photos, homework documents and more. And I would like to know if it is possible to recover the data?
The ´screen is completly black at startup. But the pc starts up finally it seems. I attached a charger and I can hear the sound of a computer running. Any advice what to do? Can the laptop even be fixed or do I have to open the laptop and extract the hardware from the pc?
I have had the laptop for almost like 3 years with on-off problems until its last day which showed me blue screen of death and after every startup it only shows me a black screen.,
Welcome to the HP Support Community
Remove the HDD and attach it to a USB to SATA adapter:
Then you can connect it to any Laptop/Desktop and try to copy and past any DATA you can.
Hi, I lost my recovery manager after my hdd is broken. So I replaced my hdd. But after that, I realised my recovery manager has lost on my pavilion dv6-7110et. How can I get back recovery manager?
Getting stop code
So I own an HP laptop and first of all, I can’t find the Product name on the back of it anywhere. I do have the serial, product, warranty, and model numbers though. Let me know if you need those.
The main issue I have is that I’ve had this device only for about 1–2 years, and about a week ago when I plugged it in it didn’t charge. I thought it may have been the charger, and I tried different ones, but after trying three different chargers that worked fine on other HP computers I realized that wasn’t the case.
The computer charges just fine when powered off, and it has a red light when it isn’t fully charged on the side of the charging port. But when I plug it in when it’s on, the light stays a steady solid white and sometimes it flashes and sometimes it doesn’t. This is getting really annoying because when I try to get work done I’m forced to stop and wait until the computer charges again.
I didn’t mess with any setting or install anything new recently. I just woke up and it wasn’t working correctly. There are also no error messages at all!
Hi, thank you for answer.
Tried things you recommended.
I am not able to scan hard disc (on my computer i have storage instead) because it shut down in less than second and log the logs visible on screenshot. When i am trying to install microsoft windows 10 64 bits from MS webiste at the end of installation i am getting messge (not accured because i translated it form my language): Windows wasn't ably to finish installation because it cannot setup startup boot configuration. Why it cannot setup it? Is this version of computer required some kind of special windows ? or there are some lock?
PS: I tryied to open console and type commands like /fixboot and /fixmbr. Second one successfully ended and first one responded with access denied.
Whenever my Pavilion is on, it makes this grinding noise. It sounds like something is rubbing against something else. I just bought this under a month ago and the noise seems to be getting worse. The sound seems to come from the front of the computer, on either side of the touchpad. The computer doesn't seem to be heating up, although it runs slower than I would think a brand new computer would.
Other forums suggest that I run a hardware test, but it won't pop up when I follow the instructions.
Ahy help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Welcome to the HP Support Community
To better assist you, the members will need the exact model number or product number of your laptop/desktop or printer???
HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?
PLEASE DO NOT POST ANY SERIAL NUMBERS
Welcome to HP Support Forums. A really great platform for posting all your questions and finding solutions.
I have gone through your Post and would like to help
To assist you better please provide me with the complete Notebook model or product number along with the OS installed
You can refer to this Link: hp.care/2bygf7l for help in locating the Product Number.
Restart the PC, and enter this unlock passcode...26690891
That worked thank you so much!
You're very welcome.
How to bypass cartridge setup
On startup I get the following message:
'The followng product information programmed into system board is missing or invalid-
System board (00A) System Board CT Number"
I have tried to retrieve the CT number by hitting 'Esc' on startup, then F1. It gives me a product number, serial number, Build ID etc but for 'CT Number' it simply says 'CT Number : HP'
Is this an error that will effect my laptop's performance?
If not, what is suddenly causing my laptop to work ridiculously slowly? Have run all firewall scans, defragged, downloaded appropriate updates to software, what more can I do to improve speed/performance please?
My notebook keeps giving me the blue screen of death (Fatal Error), and windows will no longer unpdate due to several errors... I have spent days trying to work through the issues but now I am getting the blue screen I have decided its time to give in and format the whiole OS and start over.
I have looked all over the place for the system recovery process but it says the recovery is on my harddrive, but all I have is the option to create a disk image , which tells me to insert a blank disk into the disk drive. Anyone who knows the Pavilion dm1 will know that this notebook does not have a disk drive. A stupied application to add in with this particular model. Create a USB recovery would have been more usful, and is what I am looking for now.
I have read on here to hit F11 on start up to enter into the recovery start up, but this does not work as suggested, giving me options sush as Safe Mode etc.
Another option is telling me to purchase a new recovery img for £41! Why should I when I have already purchased the OS when buying the product!?
As you can read, I am not happy! This has wasted days of my time.... and now I would like someone to please point me i the direction of where I can obtain a new usb recovery for free, or a Windows 7 download that will accept my product key. I know this can be done because I have done a usb recovery on my desktop.
Please give me a solution before I lose all faith in HP all together...
Good Day. A warm welcome to the HP community. I reviewed the case regarding issues with the computer. I will be delighted to assist you here.
I have a few steps listed below that should help you resolve this concern:
Unplug the charge and use the laptop until the battery drains to 15%.
Turn off the laptop and turn it back on after 30mins.
Reinstalled Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery under device manager:
1) In the search box, type and open “Device Manager”.
2) Expand “Batteries”.
3) Right click the "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery" that is listed there.
4) Click on “Uninstall”.
5) At the prompt put a check in the box to remove the current driver
6) Shutdown the computer.
7) Remove the battery for minute and then put it back in.
8) When the computer comes back up it should automatically find the driver.
9) Go to Device Manager.
10) Expand Batteries.
11) Right click the "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery" that is listed there.
12) Click "Search automatically for updated driver software"
Do the same thing with Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Embedded Controller.
Restart the computer and the issue should be fixed.
Additional helps can be found in the below articles:
To understand more about how your battery works: Click here
Keep me posted. :)
my computer is an HP ENVY X 360 CONVERTIBLE 15-cp0 xxx... it is brand new having it only 2 days ago so the answer to all of your other questions is no.
I returned to the shop yesterday where they simply told me its fairly normal... however I have had numerous laptops and they have not run hot until after several years of use. In fact, that is the reason I bought this one as my Acer was beginning to get hot...I have had the Acer for more than 5 years, taken it all over the world and used it on all types of surfaces....
The only solution seemed to be to sell me a fan thing for the pc to sit on ...however, I am not interested in buying something I have to attach and carry around for $50.00 in order to rectify something that should not be happening.... At this point I have only just turned the pc on so will take note throughout the day as to when and what I am doing at the time it becomes hot... will update later in the day. regards
p.s. I have played two games on Facebook for over 10 years without problems...they are Lost Bubbles and lost Jewels... so I would definitely fit into what I would call "a gamer"
Thanks for the directions.I will try as soon as possible and share the result.