Articles on this Page
- 12/29/18--14:01: _X360 Envy m6 Conver...
- 12/29/18--14:18: _Boot device not fou...
- 12/29/18--14:28: _Re: "Missing or dam...
- 12/29/18--14:45: _need windows 10 dri...
- 12/29/18--14:50: _Re: Severe freezing...
- 12/29/18--15:27: _Re: ACPI\VEN_HPQ&DE...
- 12/29/18--16:24: _Re: need windows 10...
- 12/29/18--16:29: _Please magically fi...
- 12/29/18--16:44: _Re: Trying to put w...
- 12/29/18--16:47: _Re: Trying to put w...
- 12/29/18--16:50: _poor performance
- 12/29/18--16:51: _Thunderbolt Connect...
- 12/29/18--18:14: _Hardware Diagnostic...
- 12/29/18--18:47: _BIOS Administrator ...
- 12/29/18--19:06: _Windows recovery no...
- 12/29/18--19:06: _Windows 10 compatib...
- 12/29/18--19:33: _Water spillage, Scr...
- 12/29/18--19:54: _Print size
- 12/29/18--20:01: _Re: Water spillage,...
- 12/29/18--20:03: _Re: BIOS Administra...
- 12/29/18--14:01: X360 Envy m6 Convertible (m6-ar004dx)
- 12/29/18--14:18: Boot device not found on hp stream
- 12/29/18--14:28: Re: "Missing or damaged OS" Repeatedly
- 12/29/18--14:45: need windows 10 drivers for HP Pavillion G7-1033cl
- 12/29/18--14:50: Re: Severe freezing on desktop, drive failure, help
- 12/29/18--15:27: Re: ACPI\VEN_HPQ&DEV_0004 for windows 10
- 12/29/18--16:24: Re: need windows 10 drivers for HP Pavillion G7-1033cl
- 12/29/18--16:29: Please magically fix this!
- 12/29/18--16:50: poor performance
- 12/29/18--16:51: Thunderbolt Connection Issues
- 12/29/18--18:14: Hardware Diagnostics FAILURE ID: RLXL9K-7Q19BB-MFGJMF-61EVO3
- 12/29/18--18:47: BIOS Administrator Password reset
- 12/29/18--19:06: Windows 10 compatibility
- 12/29/18--19:33: Water spillage, Screen not turning on
- 12/29/18--19:54: Print size
- 12/29/18--20:01: Re: Water spillage, Screen not turning on
- 12/29/18--20:03: Re: BIOS Administrator Password reset
I purchased my computer in August 2017. My computer hinge has broken completely. I am a college student searching for a quick way to fix this computer before my next semester. Can someone offer some assistance as well as courses of actions that they took?
Error - boot device not found
dont think it can find the Hard drive??
not really sure what I’m doing or need to do??
Thank you! Still haven’t received any word from HP through private message or otherwise
After a windows update the PC would not boot. It just had a black screen and the spinning dots. This happened to my PC and I had to reinstall windows from the recovery partition. I tried that on this PC but the reinstall failed so I am trying to install windows 10 from a recovery DVD I created. During the install it is asking for the drivers for the DVD drive. I do not have them and need them to continue the install.
Any and all help is appreciated.
Welcome to the HP Forums!
Thank you for posting your query on this forum, it's a great place to find answers.
I reviewed your post and I understand that the system is freezing.
Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.
Based on the test results you have shared, it looks like the hard drive is gone bad and needs replacement.
I will share you few details through a private message about the service options dedicated to your product, please watch your inbox for more information.
Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!
If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution.Your feedback counts!
You can't update any of the drivers, except for perhaps the audio and the USB 2 drivers.
USB: Install the Intel chipset installation utility and restart the PC.
IDT Audio: Install and restart the PC. Not sure it will work on your platform, but it is the only one you can try.
ACPI\VEN_HPQ&DEV_0004 is the 3D driveguard device, and it needs this driver...
Your PC does not need any drivers to install W10.
99% of the time you get the missing DVD driver error is because of a bad burn or incomplete ISO file download.
Use this free software to burn the ISO file to a DVD. Burn it at the slowest possible speed you can.
When you launch the program, select the Burn ISO file menu.
Hp stream wont turn on but I can feel it heating up on or off when connected to charger, heard the fan running i think or something running, also the power button bliinks until I push the power button again to turn it on which it stop blinking but still on and the caps lock starts blinking twice and the power plug light on notbook is white and blinks only when the pb light blinks.. Losing my mind! Clueless with computers..
What I was saying about not being able to get windows on my flash drive is I only had access to my mothers hp stream laptop. It only had 6gb of free space. You need 8gb just to be able to use the creation tool. I got that all figured out now though. Nnow my issue is I put 2 games on my laptop and half the SSD space is gone already. It boots fast but thats about it. The games perform pretty poorly.
My original hard drive would not boot windows. That is why I needed to buy a new hard drive. Im confused what you are saying with migrating them
My performance is extremely slow. Could it be attributed to the Recovery Drive? Will Readt Boost help? I have 4 GB RAM. Should I increase it? What is recommended?
I have currently a thunderbolt 3 device that i have plugged into my laptop. I have checked to see if the laptop supports thunderbolt and was told due to the symbol by the usb c port that it does. When i plug in the thunderbolt device it automatically goes into a billboard mode and says that it is a usb 2.0 and not a usb 3.0. The thunderbolt device lights up briefly and turns on when i unplug the power from my laptops usb c port, not the thunderbolt device, while leaving the thunderbolt constatanly plugged in. The device turns on for about one second then turns off again until i plug in my laptop and unplug my laptop again.
I ran the diagnotics with a result of
SMART check: PASSED.
Long DST: FAILED.
FAILURE ID: RLXL9K-7Q19BB-MFGJMF-61EVO3
Help me to take the next step to get this operational.
Received laptop back from Geek Squad who fixed the CMOS battery. Now I have a black screen when I turn the device on that says “Boot Device Not Found” which is clear as day, when I go to the BIOS screen there is an administrator password I don’t know. I hit enter 3 times to get this number: 85169765.
Saus Windows 32 directory not found . Enviormental variables not found. Network adapter missing. Audio device not installed. Trier to install from ISO image . DID not work.
I have an HP Pavillion dm-4 notebook with Windows 7 64 bit OS. Is this notebook compatible with Windows 10?
I just got the laptop on Christmas so it’s brand new, but about an hour ago I spilled some water on the keyboard (just a little bit as my bottle tipped and some spilled out and I immediately dried it). I was watching Netflix and it continued working fine so I didn’t think anything of it. I then closed the lid and reopened it about a minute later and the screen wasn’t coming on in addition to the fan becoming a lot louder. I shut it down and reattempted and the screen still isn’t coming on, with the power button blinking on and off along with the caps lock button. Additionally, there’s a button on the side that I believe is for the hard drive (it looks like discs stacked on top of each other) that’s glowing a reddish tint that I’m pretty sure wasn’t glowing before.
I’m pretty sure it’s the water since it happened shortly after, but I’m not sure what to do, especially since it was such a little spill. I currently have the laptop charging and tipped upside down in case it needs to drain anything.
When I print a page the image is gigantic.
how can I make the image smaller?
Hi, a little update:
I’ve been reading up on water spillage and have unplugged it from charging as recommended. I’ve been reading things about removing battery and the RAM to dry, but I’m unsure of how to do that and I don’t wanna mess anything up. I’ve also read to keep it turned off until it’s fully dry so it doesn’t fry. Should it be fine if I wait overnight and bring it to Best Buy in the morning to look at?
Restart the PC, and enter this unlock passcode...30841361
Once you can get access to the PC, go into the BIOS and see if setting the BIOS to its defaults, saving the settings and exiting ther BIOS allows the notebook to boot into Windows again.