Articles on this Page
- 12/27/18--06:36: _Re: HP Stream M# 14...
- 12/27/18--06:47: _Re: HP Stream M# 14...
- 12/27/18--06:58: _Re: I forgot the Bi...
- 12/27/18--07:11: _Password recovery
- 12/27/18--07:13: _Re: HP Stream M# 14...
- 12/27/18--07:14: _Re: Password recovery
- 12/27/18--07:22: _HP laptop slowness ...
- 12/27/18--07:27: _Re: Keyboard & Touc...
- 12/27/18--07:35: _Microsoft word prod...
- 12/27/18--07:49: _No bootable device
- 12/27/18--08:10: _Start button on win...
- 12/27/18--08:18: _OMEN laptop no long...
- 12/27/18--08:23: _Re: Install Windows...
- 12/27/18--13:06: _Re: Boot Devise Not...
- 12/27/18--13:19: _Re: Search for Wind...
- 12/27/18--13:39: _Reset password
- 12/27/18--13:43: _Re: Reset password
- 12/27/18--13:53: _Smart hard disk err...
- 12/27/18--13:59: _At boot freezes at ...
- 12/27/18--14:04: _Re: Smart hard disk...
- 12/27/18--06:36: Re: HP Stream M# 14-AX010NR, Windows Updates
- 12/27/18--06:47: Re: HP Stream M# 14-AX010NR, Windows Updates
- 12/27/18--06:58: Re: I forgot the Bios password
- 12/27/18--07:11: Password recovery
- 12/27/18--07:13: Re: HP Stream M# 14-AX010NR, Windows Updates
- 12/27/18--07:14: Re: Password recovery
- 12/27/18--07:22: HP laptop slowness due to 100% disk usage
- 12/27/18--07:27: Re: Keyboard & TouchPad Mouse disable once I'm in Windows??
- 12/27/18--07:35: Microsoft word product key
- 12/27/18--07:49: No bootable device
- 12/27/18--08:10: Start button on windows 8
- 12/27/18--08:18: OMEN laptop no longer works after 1 month of use
- 12/27/18--08:23: Re: Install Windows 7 or 10 on Probook 440 G3
- 12/27/18--13:06: Re: Boot Devise Not Found?
- 12/27/18--13:19: Re: Search for Windows updates
- 12/27/18--13:39: Reset password
- 12/27/18--13:43: Re: Reset password
- 12/27/18--13:53: Smart hard disk error Hard Disk 1 (301)
- 12/27/18--13:59: At boot freezes at hp logo screen
- 12/27/18--14:04: Re: Smart hard disk error Hard Disk 1 (301)
That's good to here.
So I should have room for Windows updates without affecting performance, correct ?
I'm glad you pointed out as I missed read it from the previous post, Don't worry I'll do my best to help you.
Let me go ahead and rephrase it so that I get it correct. The hard drive crashed and you have got a replacement hard drive.
Now you have USB recovery media, and unfortunately you are not able to boot to the Bios screen as its stuck on "Power on Password" screen.
If this is the scenario, then the only option would be to Contact HP for a hardware service as the motherboard may require a tattoo/Bios Flash.
Please follow the instructions over the private message and I'm sure they should be able to go ahead and address your issue.
Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. :)
Password recovery help.
Thanks for all your help & input. Seems like a lot of hassle though.
Would I be better off with this unit below ? Please take a look & let me know what you think... Thank You !
Welcome to the HP Support Community
Power-on password or Windows login password????
I see windows disk usage always at 100%. I've tried below steps based on existing threads, but did not solve the issue:
1) HP Bios Update
2) Disable Windows Search
3) Disable SuperFetch
4) Windows Updates
5) Page file settings
6) DIsable OneDrive
I have been working through a similar problem with my hp pavilion desktop hp wired keyboard not working. Same as you I cannot use the wired keyboard to logon or type anything. Though my wired mouse still works. I am lucky that I have a wireless logitech that works and can use while I try to solve this problem.
This may be an issue with microsoft windows updates and drivers. I have been working the problem at microsoft support community but none of the proposed solutions have worked so far. Here is a link to my problem, though I think it will give you a headache to follow along. Here > Keyboard not working Microsoft Community
I have also posted about the issue here on HP community support. If you have solved your keyboard issues please let me know how. If I find a solution I will let you know.
Hello there,I recently bought a hp elitebook 820 laptop.
I would like to get assistance on the Microsoft word product key.
When I turn on says no bootable device - insert boot disk and press any key.
Notebook. Can’t take battery out or open up.
Hello, please tell me whether it is possible to put the start button on windows 8. When I bought the laptop was already this button in the form of a shell.
I’ve been using my omen laptop for the past month since it’s arrival with no issues until I put it to sleep last night. After trying to wake it up from sleep, I got a screen saying it was preparing to auto repair. After a while, it said that the auto repair failed. After receiving that message I was prompted to restore my computer to factory settings as it appeared to be my only of the many options that actually worked when I clicked on it. I did that and my laptop turned on fine and allowed me to redownload all the programs I was using. After that, I shut the computer down and had no issues. When I turned on my computer this morning, I can no longer access Microsoft Office, Firefox, or Chrome. Firefox and Chrome are unresponsive and Office gives me an Error Message - “The application was unable to start correctly (0xlx)”. I ran a full scan of the laptop and tried restarting the computer but neither of those things has resolved the issue. Please help as this is the computer I use to work from home!
I solved. It was not a problem of drivers. HDD was not seen from win7 or win10 install tool. I download a Linux distro (Lubuntu). I install the linux distro and format the HDD in linux filesystem. After this i put again the USB key (without additional drivers) with win7 install tool.
Now the install tool was seen the HDD. But was not able to install windows on it also after delete the volume and format in NTFS filesystem.
So I press the keys MAIUSC+F10 (to use command prompt)
- list disk (take note of the number of associated unit).
- select disk + number_of_associated_unit
- create partition primary size= 476160 (this the space of my entire disk,465GB*1024)
- format fs=ntfs quick
- list volume (take note of the letter of the volume where tìo install win)
- cd d: (d is the volume of the usb flash memory)
- xcopy d: c:/e/h/k (wait until the copy is finished)
Now restart the system and boot from HDD. The system was starting a new installation.
After the new installation, adjust the boot menù.
The Recovery Kit is most likely a USB stick containing HP Recovery files -- and that won't do you any good at all if the drive has failed.
If your PC is new enough to support UEFI, you can use these steps to test the hard drive: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00439024
If not, you have to follow these steps:
1) Press Esc key repeatedly, several times a second, while rebooting the laptop. Do NOT hold the key down, just press it over and over.
2) Eventually, you will see an HP Startup Menu -- that will look similar to the image below ...
3) press the Function key for testing the hard drive (usually F2) and let it run.
Please report back the test results.
I did not realize that. I have not had a Windows 8.x machine for a while now.
From the articles I found, I inferred that Windows Updates are still available for this older OS.
It appears I was wrong about that.
Thanks for the input.
Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.
We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.
Cannot log into laptop. Cannot remember password
Welcome to the HP Support Community
Power-on password or Windows login password???
I am getting an error when I switch on my laptop stating that the smart hard disk has detected an immiment failure. I cannot get into my laptop as a result.
I believe I will need to get a new hard drive and replace my existing one.
Could you advise how I should go about this, I am planning on removing and replacing the hard drive myself if possible?
One last question, how to I go about backing up all of my files, photos, music.....etc on my laptop? I presume I will need to do this before replacing the hard drive. I tired this by hitting "ESC" when I turn on the laptop and then F11, but when I follow the instructions to back up my files it fails after perhpas 20 minutes.
Thanks in advance
My Spectre 360 laptop won't boot. It freeezes each time at the HP Logo Screen. I have tried tapping the ESC key and going through diagnostics. It says the hard drive and the memory are fine. Next I tried the F10 bios check and all is well. No matter what I do I can't get past the HP Logo screen. Can anyone help?
The existing failing hard drive is as good a backup as you are going to get. Get an external usb to SATA adapter and when you get the new hard drive installed and Windows loaded, attach the old drive externally and copy and paste whatever you can get off of it onto the new installation. The more you try to access the old failing drive the more it is damaged and the more data could be lost. You will just not be able to save apps and settings as with a clone; the old drive is unreliable for cloning.